34.5 C
Abuja

CGF advocates safety measures in public buildings

Must read

By Victoria Onehi

The Controller General, Federal Fire Service,Engr Jaji Olola Abdulganiyu MiFire.E,MNSE, has sympathlsed with the management and staff of Samsung Enterprise whose Show room by Banex Plaza was engulfed in fire on Monday night.

The CGF who was at the scene of the event to carry out on the spot assessment of the fire raised building, hopes the incidence would  awake safety consciousness in everyone. 

The fire outbreak reportedly started at about 19:00 hour from the  first floor of the two-storey building which houses valuable goods such as electronic gadgets, home appliances, etc, damaging goods worth Millions of naira. 

The CGF in a statement signed by NPRO ACF Abraham O. Paul disclosed that the timely response and  professionalism by the men of Federal Fire Service was also said to have averted a national disaster which would have resulted  from the blazing fire emitted from the Samsung show room which is closely positioned beside a Fuel Station. 

During his assessment, Engr. Jaji restated the need to acquire first aid fighting gadgets in all public buildings adding that the training of public building safety managers as first respondents as needful.He emphasizing that effort such as this will go a long way in mitigating future occurence and reduce further loss to fire related hazard. 

 Mr Mohammed H, speaking with the CGF showered encomium on the  officers and men of the Federal Fire service and their FCT counterpart for their expertise and timely intervention.

Investigators from the FFS have since moved to the fire scene with a view to unearth the actual and remote cause of the fire which was fought for almost seven  hours. 

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article